How to write
a good Vev
Think of your page description as an important first impression for your customers. It’s a great way to tell them in about 140 characters what makes your business unique.
In this article...
In this article, we’ll dive deeper into how to write a good description for your Vev store. For example, what words you should and shouldn’t use and we’ll give you a few examples we like.
What is the role of a page description?
The description is shown right under your logo and the name of your company. It’ll help people understand what you offer, but more importantly, it should confirm that the visitor of the page came to the right place. Think of it as a first introduction.
Is your business home of a particular sandwich? Specialized in a certain treatment? Did you win any awards? It might sound silly, but research shows that people will make up their minds about your business in a matter of seconds.
Alternatively, it could also be a place where you convey important information about your business. Stay away from things like stating your opening hours, since that information is shown right underneath it.
Keep in mind that when people type in the name of your business in Google, your Vev page most likely will come up. The description text is also shown there.
Tips to write a good page description
You don’t have to be a great writer to come up with a good description. Take a look at the following tips:
✅ Words to use
- Describe how your business (should) make people feel
- Tease what they can expect
- Tell ‘em why your business stands out
- Did you win any awards, or are you famous for something? “Home of the original X”
- Consider using words like: Personalized, Welcoming, Unforgettable, Seamless, Luxurious, Authentic, Tailored, Memorable or Satisfying to paint a picture.
- It doesn’t hurt to include your Instagram handle toward the end of the description.
- Don’t (repeat) the name of your business.
🚫 Things to avoid
- Keep it actionable. Avoid phrases such as ‘Call or DM to book’, which goes against the nature of your Vev page. Another one to avoid is ‘Prices are an indication’. That line is better served in the product description of particular items on your page.
- Repeating opening hours. Unless it's to emphasize that you are open every day. Rather make sure your opening hours are set correctly.
- Fancy text generators. For accessibility reasons, it's best to avoid using generators that convert text to a special font (example: 𝔉𝔞𝔫𝔠𝔶 𝔱𝔢𝔵𝔱 𝔤𝔢𝔫𝔢𝔯𝔞𝔱𝔬𝔯).
Examples of good page descriptions
Here are some examples:
Pinky Promise (nail salon)
Experience personalized luxury and stunning nail art at a salon where your hands and feet are treated with care. 💅 Insta: @pinkypromise
Sandra’s Sandwiches (sandwich food truck by the beach)
Home of the viral Kimchi Grilled Cheese. Experience flavors that will leave you craving for more. Find our sandwich haven at exit 4 🚚🏖🥪
Walk with Wendy (tour guide)
Explore the city's hidden gems and local stories on an unforgettable journey led by an expert guide. Rated 5 stars on Google! ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
In this article...
Create your page in 3 simple steps
Find your profession
Choose from over 200 example businesses.
Click around to see how Vev works.
Customize your page
Add photos, descriptions and set your pricing.