Why outsourcing is
a game changer
There is no entrepreneur who has built everything from a successful company as an individual. We will talk about the need of entrepreneurs to delegate certain tasks.
In this article...
Ever felt like there are not enough hours in a day to get everything done? You’re not alone. As an entrepreneur, you are often wearing many hats, but let’s be real; Some hats fit better than others. Let’s discuss the advantages of the things that you don’t like about entrepreneurship.
The art of delegation
First off, let's get one thing straight: Delegating tasks you're not good at isn't a sign of weakness; it's a sign of smart business. Why spend hours struggling with bookkeeping when you could help three customers in the time that you would spend on your bookkeeping?
The cost of doing everything yourself
Doing everything yourself might seem the cheapest way of doing things, but is it really? Think about it this way; The time you spend on tasks you’re not good at is time you could be using to grow your business. And then we do not take into account the possible stress or potential for mistakes. The extra revenue that you generate in the two hours that you can now handle more appointments will most likely leave you more money down the line when outsourcing tasks that you are not good at.
Outsourcing non-core tasks isn’t just about freeing up time, it’s about optimizing your business for success. So the next time you find yourself, drowning in admin or struggling to come up with the next hashtag that you should use for your Instagram post, think about this article.
Tasks that are sometimes not your fit
Eventually, everything can be outsourced, but that is probably not the reason why you have started a business. A small list that you have most likely not thought of before starting your business, are also the things that you could consider leaving to someone else:
- Bookkeeping and accounting: This one is common for most entrepreneurs. Keeping track of finances can be very time-consuming.
- Social media management: A lot of starting entrepreneurs rely on social media which makes sense. It’s a great way to attract new customers. However, think about the freedom if you pay someone to do all the post-creation or respond to comments. There are a lot of services out there that would gladly do this work for you.
- Facility management: Think about all the efforts from doing grocery shopping or cleaning the place that you use for your business. An extra hour of appointments could cover all the costs that you make of hiring someone to do that work for you.
- Online marketing activities: You have probably considered sending out a newsletter or advertising on social media. Things that do take some time to get an understanding of it. Consider the potential income of outsourcing those activities.
- Planning and organizing: Handling all your appointments is something that takes way more time than you think. Consider using a booking system like Vev for doing all that stuff for you.
Tips for smart outsourcing
- Identify Non-Core Tasks: Make a list of tasks that are essential but not necessarily your strong suit.
- Do the Math: Calculate the time and potential revenue you could save by outsourcing.
- Vet Your Options: Don't just go for the cheapest option; quality matters.
In this article...
Create your own page in 3 simple steps
Find your profession
Choose from over 200 example businesses.
Click around to see how Vev works.
Customize your page
Add photos, descriptions and set your pricing.