Accept a full payment ahead a deposit, or let customers scan a QR code on the spot. Activate payments once to get started. Payments can be made securely via debit and credit cards.
In this article...
It's super handy to have the following information at hand:
- Your bank account number (IBAN)
- Chamber of Commerce records (not mandatory, only if you are registered)
- VAT number (only if you have one)
- Identification document
Set up Payments
- Go to your 'Dashboard'
- Tap on your 'Profile' (top left)
- Click 'Payments' from your dashboard and follow the next steps:
- Select 'Link with Stripe'
- Confirm your email address and choose a password (save this somewhere!)
- Secure your account via your phone number
- Under 'Type of business', choose your legal form. If you are not registered with the Chamber of Commerce or you have a sole proprietorship, choose 'Natural person'.
- Enter your bank details and confirm how you will appear on the clients' statement
- Confirm your email address (you will receive an email from Stripe)
After this, you return to Vev. Now choose your desired payment form on the page. You can accept advance payments, a deposit as a percentage or fixed amount, or set that payments are optional. In that case, customers can pay online (in advance), but it is not required to reserve.
Orders then have the label "Paid" or "Unpaid". For orders that have not been paid yet, you can choose to click on 'Request payment'. The customer can then scan a QR code with their own phone to pay securely online.
Is payments available in my country?
Accepting payments is currently available in the following countries, with more coming soon:
- United Kingdom
- United States (soon)
How can I get notified when payments become available in my country?
- Open 'Settings'
- Click 'Payments'
- Tap on 'Notify me'